Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happy Hours...what do you do when it's still a secret?!

SO what do you do when you have a work happy hour (which you always attend) and you've just found out you're pregnant but it's too soon to tell work?

Do you:
a)You grab the waitress and try to explain and have a code word for a non alcoholic option?
b)Wisper some juice concoction order to the waitress when nobody is watching and pretend it's alcoholic?
c)Order a non alcoholic drink, make up the usual "I'm on antibiotics" excuse (even though you don't look sick and risk people imagining all kinds of weird and exotic illnesses or getting suspicious).

I went for option 'b'...which was harder than it sounds as there were so many people at my table. Got away with it though. The one downer....all that sugar made me feel ill (I later found my only friend out there was ginger beer...not too sweet, not too plain)!

I did use the work HH excuse as a new excuse the following day when I went out with friends to a bar. "Yes, it's detox day as last night was a BIG HH!"

No comments:

Post a Comment